Thanks to my friend Pooja from Stories from Europe, I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award. Once again, thanks a lot for the nomination and I really appreciate it. Pooja is a young talented Nepalese who is currently living in Poland. She is one of my very first friends in this blogosphere as we both share a strong interest in travel and learning about new culture. In her blog, she wrote about her homeland Nepal, her new life in Poland – currently her second home now, and her journeys to various destinations in Europe.
Slightly similar to other Blogger Awards, the Versatile Blogger Award is an award given by bloggers to other up-and-coming bloggers. It is designed to encourage new bloggers to keep up the good work and help people to discover new blogs. However, there are some criteria for selection. When nominating someone else for a Versatile Blogger Award, you have to consider following points:
- The quality of the writing
- The uniqueness of the subjects covered
- The ‘level of love’ displayed in the person’s writing
- The quality of the photographs
The rules of accepting are simple:
- Thanks the person who nominated you in a blog post and links back to their blogs
- Share seven facts about yourself
- List the rules and display the Versatile Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog
- Nominate other bloggers (up to 10) to receive the award
Seven facts about myself
- Having a Sagittarius – the Wanderer – as Sun Sign, I am traveller by nature. Since I was a kid, I am interested in exploring new places and culture. As soon as I am planning my trip, I am already excited.
- As already mentioned in my post about Liebster Award, I am a city-tripper. I prefer spending a few days in a city or a town rather than a whole week beach vacation or several days in a cottage in the forest.
- I prefer destinations that are less popular with tourists. By visiting these places, you have more chance to make contact with locals, learn more about their customs and culture. In my opinion, no city/town is utterly boring, you just have to take time and find the speciality of that place.
- If you are already following my blog, you will realize that I am obsessed with architecture, especially those from the Mediaeval Age. I like gigantic castles, fairytale palaces, and beautifully decorated religious houses.
- I have a huge interest in myths, legends, and fairy tales. Memorizing them is quite easy for me. In fact, I can remember God and Goddess’ name, while I am unable to recall the name of my high school classmates :). That’s why I like destination which is related to a myth or a legend.
- Planes, trains, and cars are all fine for me. But there I a few reasons that I dislike ships (the cruise ships in Norway might be exceptional). First, it takes too long to travel from A to B. Second, some might discuss that ship offer a great view. But for me, I might get bored after thirty minutes.
- I don’t mind trying local cuisines, as long as they are not alive, have an extremely strong smell (the stinky tofu is a typical example) or they are not insects, for example, fried larva, spiders, etc. I am highly allergic to them.
Here are my nominees:
- Ricci from When in My Journeys – An amazing travel blogger from the Philipines. His blog mainly focuses on the country with thousands of islands. He wrote reviews, recommendations, and his photos are gorgeous. Ricci also wrote about some destinations in the Caribean.
- Eleazar from L’Éternel et L’ Éphémère – A talented travel photographer whose photos are spectacular. He did not write much, but the photos themselves already tell the stories.
- Nano from Travel with Nano B. – A Georgian expat in Japan who is also a fine dining enthusiast, and a professional travel blogger. Her blog is simply fascinating. She and I are also blog-theme-twin but my level is far lower than her 🙂
- Jared & Danny from See My Seoul – Two young teachers from Chicago who are working in Seoul. Their blog is about their lives in Seoul and their quest to explore Asia and the Asian culture.
- Rhianne & Sean from Wanderfully Living – A Scottish couple who love adventure, photography (their photos are lovely), and filmmaking. They also provide hints and tips for travelling.
If my nominees don’t want to accept the award, feel free to decline it. But from my side, I would love to know more about my wonderful fellow bloggers. Have a wonderful weekend!